Financial Service Provider - Security in AWS
Design & Implementing Monitoring Solution in AWS
The customer was a German payment processor and financial service provider. With a total of over 5.000 employees the company offered worldwide services such as payment transactions services, risk management services and issued virtual/physical cards.
Initial Situation & Project Goals
The customer operates a large amount of his IT infrastructure, services & workload in the AWS cloud. Especially in the finance branch – due to a wide variety of regulations – having an appropiated monitoring & reporting solution in place is a crucial step to ensure compliance.
Therefore the customer intended to build up an appropriate solution which’ll fit their needs. Besides the requirement to have a high availability in place, the solution should also offer a flexible & fast way to be scalable.
The following approach was designed to met the goals of the customer:
- Establish a cluster in the APAC region
- Usage of available cloud functions to increase scalability & availability (initial size of log volume (cluster): 240 GB per day)
- Availability: implementation of 3 additional AZ’s (Availability Zones)
- Implementation of Monitoring smart store functionalities to store large amount of data („cold“) in S3
- Implementation of local EBS storage for indexing purposes to increase performance and to provide needed data „hot“ (up to 3 months)
The Monitoring Solution was designed as follows:
- Single systems:
- Cluster Master
- Deployment Server
- Deployment Server Forwarder
- Monitoring Console
- Input Server
- Cluster systems (distributed over 3 AZ’s)
- Searchhead Cluster (3 instances)
- Indexer Multisite Cluster
- Design of naming convention
- Design HA of systems & data availability in order to have an auto-recovery in place if one AZ is failing
The proposed solution build the foundation of a reliable and scalable monitoring & reporting solution which is also future-proof.
This project was realized in cooperation with our partner DoIT in Darmstadt.
Would you like to know more about the project?
Please get in touch with us!